Location

My photo
London, England, United Kingdom

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Ben Nevis - The Climb



These photos document my climb up to the top of Ben Nevis all 4406 feet of it. It took me 1 hour and 47 minutes to get to the peak where I along with some friends enjoyed a bottle of Champaign. We got up pretty quick even thou some spots we very steep and had a loose rocky surface, however the journey back down seemed to be a lot harder.

The journey down took about 2 and a half hours and I now have maximum respect for anyone that can do the three peak challenge because my legs were so tired.

The weather completely changed on the climb a lot, base camp was fairly clear and sunny but half way up it becomes very wet, not because of rain but because you enter a large mist cloud. Once in the cloud visibility gets much worse, which gets worse and worse the higher you go. At the top visibility and humidity levels make it had to see far at all, so the views are not great expect every now and again you come across a huge gully one of which is called the five fingers of death.

No comments: