Location

My photo
London, England, United Kingdom

Sunday 29 March 2009

Urban Alphabet



Whilst in Charleston market I came across a guy selling photographs of bits of the city that formed letter shapes which he then put together to form words. I had not seen this idea before a thought it was great and it looked really good to create short words with in frames, for example one spelt home which could be a nice picture to have in your home.

The pictures I have put on this post of the alphabets are not the ones I saw nor are they my creation but they do illustrate want I am trying to describe. I would like to create my own urban alphabet perhaps in London.

However the picture at the top which says 'ASHLEY' is mine. I went to Charleston Zoo and with the urban alphabet in my mind I decided to try and find enough letter shapes to make a word. Which I did and I think work quiet well.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey-do you happen to know that photgraphers name or anything? Last year I came upon his area at the market and bought up a bunch of letters to make my family's names. Now we're having a baby and I need some more! Live in Florida though:( Thanks!!!!

kmt1414@yahoo.com