Location

My photo
London, England, United Kingdom

Sunday 29 March 2009

Westfield - Shepherds Bush





Completely off of the media spectrum of work experience but I recently work as a logistic manager for Westfield to complete construction of their £1.8 billion project in Shepherds Bush West London. At the time it was Britons biggest building site and pulled in more than 10 000 workers every day.

I became a member of the logistic team due to concerns from the top management over meeting the completion dead line. I started of with over seeing all waste management in and out of the site, which I did for about 1 month until I was moved over onto the fit out delivery logistics. Again after about 1 month of doing that I was moved onto the merchandise delivery team all of which where promotions from the previous positions. 

I continued with the merchandise until we made completion on time and opened the shopping centre successfully. Westfield kept me on for another 2 months after opening as a retail logistic manager until the contract for the full time positions were given to another company.

It was a very positive experience for me where I learnt a great deal by shadowing and being involved with top end meetings and discussions on such a huge project, well worth my time and ended up earning me some great savings unlike most media jobs :)

... A link to there website just to show what it is, Westfield UK

No comments: