Location

My photo
London, England, United Kingdom

Thursday 9 April 2009

Moneygami



For many years I have been doing little tricks with folding money such as the shirt and the queens head pictures at the bottom of these images as well as the great happy queen sad queen trick, but some of these 'moneygami' pieces are amazing.

Its made even better when some of the animal folds actually use the notes pattern to create facial features such as eyes.

I have read that Moneygami is not a great name for this art form due to the fact that mixing the words money and origami to create moneygami does not quiet make sense. This is because in Japanese the word origami translates as ori ( to fold ) and gami ( paper ) so moneygami in a literal translation means moneypaper. There are other names for this such as money folding, note folding and banknote folding.

I want to find some tutorials on how to create these folds especial the gorilla one that is my favorite. 

2 comments:

carles Comella said...

Super,genial.
Super interesant.

Andrew Roberts said...

Do you know where I could find instructions on how to make the queens head with the little hat on? I'd love to be able to use this for Xmas presents. Thanks. Andrew