Location

My photo
London, England, United Kingdom

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Tilt Shift Photography





I have just stumbled across this photography technique called tilt shift. It is done with a specialized lens that as the name suggests tilts and shifts, this has the effect of 'shallowing' the depths of field.  

All the above photos are of real life situations but look like miniature toys and there are many more examples out there. I gathered these from the following web site;


There is also another technique to gain the effect of miniaturization which does not require the use of specialized lenses. It involves blurring out certain areas of a photograph on photoshop to create a narrow line of focus. I think this technique is not quiet as effective but still looks very interesting. 

The whole effect looks awesome and I really want to create some pictures like this but with out the special lenses I will try and create the photoshop verse, hopefully Ill post them up here where I complete them.

No comments: